Feb 16, 2016

God's Love Inside The Refining Fires

Recently a dear friend asked me to share what God has shown me through a recent time of stretching.

Honestly this time of stretching wasn't as big of a deal for me.

I had to have a biopsy because my doctor suspected that I might have thyroid cancer and my 2nd opinion concurred.

There were moments when I allowed my mind to wonder "what if" and of course in the quiet of the night I would sometimes start to worry but I quickly turned that into prayer and left it where it belonged, in God's hands.

Please don't think I'm some amazingly spiritual woman!

This was never my typical response. I'm a natural born worry wort, a pessimist, and negative thinker.  At least I was, but something beautiful and amazing happens when you've lived in the fire for so long.

After suffering loss of many kinds and of my entire family living for over 9 years with chronic Lyme disease and other tick-borne infections, I've learned that I can trust my Father.

I've learned that even when I can't see what the outcome will be that He loves me, He cares for every single little detail, He will turn the bad into something good and I can trust Him.

He provides when we let Him, He pours out peace like a river and He rescues when we need it most.

God shows Himself and His glory and His deep, rich magnificent love when we are poured out as empty vessels before Him.

Who would do that on their own on a good day?  How do we even know how to do this when everything is going well and we're self-sufficient?  We can pretend and try to muster it up but are we really pouring ourselves out?

For me at least, it took the trials and the fire.

All those years of reading and memorizing scripture, sitting in church, and participating in Bible studies has laid this wonderful, strong foundation for me so that when I was tested God's Word came to life for me.

His presence became real, His mercies became a balm and His love became my assurance.

In the end, my biopsy came back benign! Praise God!!

I carry this little paper in my Bible and used to read it often but now I know!  I just know because of the fires I've walked through with Him.



May God bless you with His love and may you allow the fires to perfect you!

 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ" 

1 Peter 1:6-7



2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.